Competition: Premier League
Time: 19:00 GMT
Current Premier League position: 1
Overall Premier League performance: W14 D1 L2
Avg Goals Scored Per Match: 2.06
Clean Sheets: 10
Current League position: 10
Overall league performance: W6 D3 L8
Avg Goals Scored Per Match: 1.35
Clean Sheets: 5
Antonio Conte: “[AFC Bournemouth] try always to play from the back and put good pressure on. But we are working very well on this.”
Eddie Howe: “We have nothing to lose; it’s a really good challenge for us.”
Chelsea Predicted starting line-up: Courtois, Alonso, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Hazard, Matic, Fabregas, Moses, Batsuayi, Pedro
Bournemouth Predicted Starting Lineup: Boruc, Dauniels, Francis, Cook, Smith, Arter, Wilshere, Ibe, King, Pugh, Afobe
- Chelsea have won five of their previous seven games in all competitions against Bournemouth, losing the other two.
- However, the Cherries did beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last season 1-0, thanks to a goal from Glenn Murray.
- Chelsea haven’t lost a league game on Boxing Day since being beaten by Charlton 4-2 in 2003 (W6 D5 L0 since).
- Bournemouth are unbeaten in each of their last six league games played on December 26th (W4 D2 L0) and they have only conceded one goal in these games.
- If Chelsea win this match, they’ll set an outright club top-flight record of 12 successive league wins, beating a run of 11 wins set in September 2009.
- The overall top-flight record for consecutive wins is 14; set by Arsenal in between February and August 2002.
- Chelsea are top of the Premier League on Christmas Day for the fifth time. They have won the league title on each of the four previous occasions they have topped the Premier League at Xmas (2014-15, 2009-10, 2005-06 & 2004-05).
- Diego Costa will be missing this game through suspension. The Spaniard has had a hand in 18 of Chelsea’s 35 Premier League goals this season (51% – 13 goals, 5 assists).
- Antonio Conte (14) has two more Premier League wins as a manager in 2016 than Eddie Howe (12), despite taking charge of more than half the number of matches (17 vs 36).
- This is the highest league position that Bournemouth have ever been in the English league system at Christmas (10th).