Competition: Premier League
Time: 19:00 GMT
Current Premier League position: 18
Overall Premier League performance: W4 D2 L11
Avg Goals Scored Per Match: 0.88
Clean Sheets: 2
Current Premier League position: 6
Overall Premier league performance: W8 D6 L3
Avg Goals Scored Per Match: 1.41
Clean Sheets: 6
Jose Mourinho: “The squad is good. We don’t have many injuries. Even the Luke Shaw injury is coming to an end. We are fine. People are happy.”
David Moyes: “We’re going to need them [Manquillo, Pienaar, Jones], though whether they will be available for the Manchester United game I’m not quite sure.”
Man United Predicted Starting Lineup: De Gea; Valencia, Jones, Rojo, Darmian; Carrick; Mata, Herrera, Pogba, Martial, Ibrahimovic.
Sunderland Predicted starting line-up: Pickford, Aanholt, Djiloboji, Kone, Love, Pienaar, Mdong, Denayer, Anichebe, Defoe, Borini
- Manchester United have lost just one of their last 24 top-flight home games against the Black Cats, in May 2014 (W16 D7).
- Sunderland haven’t beaten Manchester United in successive top-flight games since 1951 (three in a row).
- Manchester United have won more Premier League games on Boxing Day than any other team (18).
- Jermain Defoe has scored six times on Boxing Day in the Premier League, more than any current player in the division. The record scorer on Boxing Day in Premier League history is Robbie Fowler (9).
- This will be the third time in their last 10 Premier League Boxing Day matches that the Black Cats have faced Manchester United; losing to twice against them in 2007 (0-4) and 2010 (0-2).
- Since the start of November, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored seven goals from just eight shots on target in the Premier League.
- Ibrahimovic has scored 40 goals in the month of December within the ‘big five’ European Leagues since he joined Juventus in 2004-05; his best goal tally in a single month.
- Manchester United are 6th place in the Premier League table at Christmas – only the second time in the Premier League era that they are outside the top five on this date after 2013-14 (8th).
- Since 2014-15 in the Premier League, Man Utd have won 64% of the 44 matches that Michael Carrick has started, compared to 39% of the 49 games that he hasn’t.
- David Moyes managed to win 50% of his games in the Premier League as Manchester United manager, a higher ratio than Jose Mourinho at the club so far (47%).