Competition: Premier League
Time: 19:00 GMT
Current league position: 11
Overall league performance: W5 D6 L6
Avg goals scored per match 1.31
Clean Sheets: 3
Current league position: 2
Overall league performance: W11 D4 L2
Avg Goals scored per match 2.41
Clean sheets: 5
Jurgen Klopp: “It needs to be really difficult to play LFC at Anfield and I think that’s the job we did until now. But not all of these games were close to perfect or something, there’s a lot to do.”
Mark Hughes: “Jurgen has given them a belief that they can take that final step and really challenge for the title. They appear to be a positive club again, and Jurgen is a big part of that.”
Liverpool Predicted starting line-up: Karius, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Can Henderson, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Mane, Origi
Stoke City Predicted starting line-up: Grant, Pieters, Indi, Shawcross, Johnson, Whelan, Imbula, Allen, Bojan, Shaqiri, Waiters
- Liverpool have won five of their last six Premier League games against Stoke, losing the other 6-1 in May 2015.
- Stoke beat Liverpool in the 2nd leg of their League Cup semi-final last January 1-0, though they were eliminated on penalties. This ended a run of 36 games without a win in any competition at Anfield. They then lost 4-1 in April in the Premier League there.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 15 Premier League home games (W9 D6 L0) – the longest current unbeaten home run in the competition.
- The last time that they went on a longer run at Anfield in the Premier League was a 31-game unbeaten streak between December 2007 and August 2009.
- Joe Allen has scored five goals in 16 Premier League appearances for Stoke City this season; one more than he scored in his entire Liverpool career in the competition (four goals in 91 games).
- Mark Hughes has never won a Premier League game as a manager at Anfield (W0 D4 L6). He also suffered his heaviest defeat as a player in the competition there; 1-7 for Southampton in January 1999.
- Stoke have failed to score in 11 of their previous 17 trips to Merseyside in the Premier League (against Liverpool and Everton combined).
- Sadio Mane has had a hand in eight goals in his last nine Premier League appearances (five goals, three assists).
- Jurgen Klopp named an unchanged starting XI in his last Premier League game (versus Everton) – only the third time he’s done this in the competition but he’s never done it in successive PL matches.
- Liverpool have kept two successive Premier League clean sheets – they have not kept three in a row in the competition under Jurgen Klopp before.