Liverpool attacking midfielder Roberto Firmino has been charged with drink driving after the former Hoffenheim ace pulled over on Christmas Eve by the police.
The 25-year-old was stopped in Liverpool city in the Christmas eve by the cops and he will probably miss the clash against the Petters at Anfield on Tuesday as he is set to appear in court later this week.
‘Merseyside Police has charged a 25-year-old man with drink driving after his car was stopped in Liverpool city center in the early hours of Saturday, December 24, 2016,’ a spokesperson for Merseyside Police told the Liverpool Echo.
‘Roberto Firmino, from Liverpool, will appear at Liverpool City Magistrates Court [later this week].’
Meanwhile, Liverpool are desperate to solve the Firminho’s problems as soon as possible after Sadio Mane is expected to leave the team for the African Cup of Nations and quality players like Brazilian forward are vital for Jurgen Klopp’s side at the moment.
The Brazilian signed for Liverpool from German club Hoffenheim in July 2015 for £29m.
Since then he has scored 17 goals in 67 appearances and is a key part of the Reds stellar performances
According to the Mirror reports, Liverpool are considering a January move for Spartak’s Wideman to replace Sadio Mane who will leave the club to help his country at the African cup of Nations.
German manager Jurgen Klopp is desperate to bolster his offensive end in the absence of Philippe Coutinho and Sadio Mane Liverpool will need a fresh blood to remain in the race for the Premier League title.
Liverpool have been linked with signing Germany world cup winner attacker Julian Draxler who has agreed on a four-year deal with PSG earlier this week.
With Christian Pulisic expected to remain at Borussia Dortmund, Klopp could explore the possibility of signing Promes from Spartak Moscow.
Spartak Moskow Forward has been impressive for the Russian Premier League this term, with scoring six goals and six assists
The 24-year-old Dutchman’s versatility across the frontline is a bonus to Klopp, with the Netherlands international able to play on either flank or as the focal point in attack and he could be an ideal replacement for Senegalese international winger Sadio Mane.
According to Brazilian football legend Ronaldinho La Liga defending champions Barcelona lining up move for Liverpool’s creative midfielder No.10.
The 24-year-old attacking midfielder has blossomed and has continued improvement since the arrival of Jurgen Klopp at Anfield.
He has been heavily linked with an exit from Anfield due to his fine form that has attracted interest from Manchester City and Barcelona, however, Brazilian football Legend Ronaldinho claimed that it is normally linked with top European clubs if u play on the same level as Coutinho.
“”I hope when he [Coutinho] returns from an injury that he will continue the form he has been showing all season with Liverpool,” Ronaldinho told to SBS:
“He has been one of the stand out players in Europe this season – and I know there is a lot of admiration for him at Barcelona.
“Liverpool will want to keep him, they have built the team around him.
“But when you play at that level then there is always interest.””
Liverpool are desperate to finish the season with the silverware and they will do their best and keep star players in the team.