The Premier League giants Manchester United are being linked with a surprise summer move for Barcelona creative midfielder Ivan Rakitic.
According to reports from Spanish media, as quoted by Italian tabloid Calciomercato, the Red Devils are interested in a shock swoop for the Croatian central midfielder as they aim to bolster their variants in the middle.
The Red Devils have been linked with a host of central midfielders, including Real Madrid’s Toni Kroos and SS Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, and the latest name to be touted with a switch to Old Trafford is Barcelona’s Ivan Rakitic.
After all, Manchester United are not alone in their admiration of the experienced central midfielder. If reports are to be believed, Italian giants Juventus are also considering a summer move for Ivan Rakitic upcoming summer transfer window.
Rakitic remains an extremely important player for Ernesto Valverde’s side, though, and with his deal still running until 2021 at Camp Nou, a big price is likely to be required to convince Blaugrana to sell.
The 30-year-old Croatia international has started 27 La Liga games for his side current season.
Manchester United right-back Matteo Darmian has reportedly agreed to join Italian giants Juventus this summer as Matteo edges closer to an Old Trafford way out.
A report from Italian sport newspaper Tuttosport, as quoted by the Daily Mail claims that the Italian defender has verbally agreed to a switch to the Old Lady.
The transfer is now likely to be completed in the summer with Juventus due to hold further negotiations with Manchester United.
Matteo Darmian has fallen out of favour at Old Trafford since Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho took charge of the club.
England international Ashley Young has been the preferred variant at the left-back current season, while Antonio Valencia has been a central component at right-back.
After joining the Manchester United from Serie A sides Torino, a lot has been expected of the right-back, but he has never managed to realize his potential at the club.
UCL giants Juventus have been strongly linked with a move for Matteo for some time, while other Italian sides such as AS Roma and Napoli have also been registered with an interest in the past.
Atletico Madrid general manager Clemente Villaverde become visible to have poured cold water on Barcelona and Manchester United’s chances of signing Antoine Griezmann.
Both The Red Devils and Blaugrana have been strongly tipped to land the France attacker upcoming summer, with Griezmann’s release (buy-out) clause set to drop from €200m to €100m on July 1.
After all, speaking after the Europa League draw in Swiss city Nyon on Friday, during which Atletico Madird drew Arsenal in the last four, Clemente told Mundo Deportivo:
“At the moment, all I can say is that he is an Atlético Madrid player.”
“I can only talk about facts and reality, not the future. He has a contract with us. Nobody has asked for him.”
“Griezmann is an Atlético player. I do not know anything about Barcelona.”
The 27-year-old France international, after all, said to be favouring a fresh challenge and the decision regarding of his future may well come down to whether he can tempt Atletico’s management to part ways with him.
This season, in all competitions, Antoine Griezmann has made 41 appearances, netted 25 goals and provided 13 assists so far.