Not Asensio: Liverpool dealt huge blow in pursuit of Real Madrid youngster

Marcos Llorente has reportedly been informed by Real Madrid’s management that he won’t be going anywhere in January transfer window.

The star has been a bit-part player at the Santiago Bernabeu this term, featuring in just 11 minutes in La Liga so far.

He had been connected with January moves to Napoli, Chelsea and Liverpool in a €25 million switch, while Alaves were also said to have approached Spanish club over a loan move.

But after Marcos stepped in for the absent Casemiro in Tuesday evening’s 2-0 win over AS Roma at the Stadio Olimpico, coach Santiago Solari has reportedly told the star he abandon any thoughts he had of moving on.

In fact, it’s reported that Santiago has told Llorente that he will not be going anywhere in January and instead prepare himself for future chances at the Bernabeu after he caught the eye against AS Roma.

And while the 23-year-old star admits he hopes to still carve out a professional career for himself with the reigning European champions, the midfielder, speaking to Marca, admits he could still push for a switch.

“My dream is to succeed right here, at Real Madrid. Of course when the January window starts I will talk to my representatives and to my family, then decide what is best for me,” Spaniard said.